A new year tends to cause many of us to think about our personal financial situation. Holiday bills, rising prices, kids getting older, household maintenance – you name it and there is good reason to think about your money. Although “money doesn’t buy happiness”, properly managing your money can eliminate stress and help you live life more fully. Here are ten tips to help you start the new year off right:
- Pay Yourself First – make saving a regular habit.
- Reduce Your Debt – create a budget and live within your means.
- Rebalance Your Portfolio – make sure your current allocation is in line with your goals and your tolerance for risk (consult with your investment advisor).
- Update Your Estate Plan – review your wills, trusts, and powers of attorney (consult with your attorney).
- Review Your Insurances – do you have the appropriate coverage for your life, health, and property (consult with your insurance agent).
- Save on Taxes – take advantage of retirement contributions and household deductions (consult your accountant).
- Plan for the Future – prepare for kids in college, your retirement, or long-term care and life insurance needs.
- Set Your Goals – 1 year, 3 year, 5 year and 10 year goals.
- Organize Your Plan – build a Life Plan Binder.
- Spend Time with Family – Never forget to take time to enjoy life with the people that are most important to you.
Please contact Golden Financial Services if you have any questions or need some help putting together a plan for your family.